Thanksgiving is here, which means that you’ll soon be inundated with the holiday’s traditional foods: turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and more. Yes, Thanksgiving foods are delicious and mouth-watering the first time around, and leftovers on Black Friday can still be enticing. But if you’re anything like me, your taste buds might be craving something different by the time the weekend rolls around. That’s why I’m sharing the recipe I’ll be using for some post-Thanksgiving culinary variety.
I was first introduced to this delicious stew by Chef Joe Bastianich, and I have since adapted the recipe a bit. I make this dish on a regular basis because it’s easy, delicious, healthy, and is ready to eat in under half an hour. Try it, and let it warm you up throughout the weekend. (And be sure to let me know what you think of it!)
Marla’s Quick White Bean Stew with Spinach and Tomatoes
Prep and cook time: 15-20 minutes
5-8 oz. (large) bag of spinach
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
14 oz. diced tomatoes
16 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium heat until garlic is golden (about 1 minute).
- Add tomatoes; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add beans; simmer over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach; simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.
I hope you enjoy this delicious stew as much as I do. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!